- Rugged construction providing shock, dust and moisture resistance
- Dual monitor position with automatic image orientation
- Automatic arc calibration and fiber identification
- User-selectable fiber clamping method – sheath clamp or fiber holders
- Auto-start tube heater feature
- Color LCD display with anti-reflective coating for excellent visibility in bright sunlight
- Simultaneous battery charge and splicer operation
- Long life battery (up to 160 splice/heat cycles per charge)
- Detachable work table incorporated into the transit case
- Data and video download software and splicer upgrade software included; software upgrades through PC application via the internet
- Green friendly – RoHS & WEEE compliant
The FSM-60S fusion splicer sets the standard for core alignment fusion splicing by incorporating a user-friendly interface with enhanced features to provide the most rugged and reliable fusion splicer in the market today. The new rugged construction adds improved reliability by resisting shock, dust, and rain, and can withstand a 30” drop test.
The FSM-60S splices a fiber in 9 seconds and heats a 60mm splice sleeve in 30 seconds, for a total cycle time of only 39 seconds. New features, such as automatic tube heater operation, user-selectable clamping method (sheath clamp or fiber holder system), automated monitor image orientation, and battery charge capability during splicer operation provide the end user a productivity tool they can count on.
New software included provides the ability to download splice data to a PC for splice data reporting, download splicer operating software via the internet to maintain peak performance, and download video images from the splicer to enhance technical support.