- Active V-groove design helps to eleminate common fixed v-groove splicing errors
- Rugged and compact hand held design for demanding environmental conditions
- Fast splice (9 sec) with low loss and fast heating (25 sec) 1
- 200 cycles (splicing & heating) with FITEL series battery con?guration 2
- Available for All METRO/LAN/FTTX ? bers including ultra bendinsensitive ?bers (e.g. EZ-Bend® Fiber)
- Splicer is compatible with the Seikoh Giken3 and Diamond4 Splice-on-connector (SOC)
- Easy maintenance – Toolless electrode replacement and mirror free alignment system
- Easy Software upgrade via the Internet
- Easily exchanged fiber holder systems (tight holder/fiber holder/SOC holder)
- PC interface software provides for user management of splicing programs and results
- Auto-start shrink sleeve oven feature
- Auto-start splicing
- Improved GUI to further enhance ease-of-use
- Large memory for storing data (2,000 splice data) and image (100 images)
- RoHS compliant
Fitel S153 Fusion Splicer
The FITEL® S153 Fusion Splicer is an obvious choice for low cost field splicing equipment. The Active V-Groove Technology used on the S153 Fusion Splicer delivers low loss splices while helping to eliminate common Fixed V-groove splicing errors. By combining speed, precision, durability and portability in one unit, the S153 Fusion Splicer ushers in an entirely new range of applications for active alignment splicing.
The S153A Fusion Splicer canopy design, durable metal body frame and rubber protection corners provide robust protection, enabling use in demanding environments without compromising splicer performance. The S153A is water resistant to IPX2 and dust resistant to IP5X.
Equipped with a new alignment system that can save up to 20% on splicing time, the S153 Splicer’s improved heating mechanism can also reduce protection sleeve shrink time by more than 30%. In addition, a newly incorporated USB 2.0 interface speeds PC communication and image/video transfer, while enhancing reliability.
While the S153 Fusion Splicer is fast and durable, it continues the FITEL tradition of quality and excellence by delivering precise, accurate splices even under rigorous conditions in the field.
The S153 Fusion Splicer is your logical choice for a wide range of uses including FTTX, LAN, backbone, enterprise, long-haul installations, data-center and/or OEM applications. It is also an excellent option for use in the conventional telecommunications industry, along with other industries (including oil and gas).