- Fiber prerequisites: Glass diameter: 125 µm
- Coating diameter: 250, 500, 900 µm
- Fiber viewing: LCD Monitor
- Magnification: Approx. 25
- Fiber positioning: Fully automatic in Z axis
- Mean splice loss for identical standard single-mode fibers:
- typ. < 0.08 dB for 12 x ribbon
- typ. < 0.05 dB for single fibers
- Tensile test: Automatic / off
- Number of splice programs:
- 8 for single-mode fibers
- 2 for multimode fibers
- Video output: CCIR output (75W)
- Working temperature: -5°C to 45°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 208 x 185 x 100 mm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
The MiniMass Fusion Splicer is used for reliable, low-loss joining of optical fibers. It is designed for all commonly used single-mode and multimode fibers with a standard glass diameter of 125 µm. Both single fibers and fiber ribbons with up to 12 fibers can be processed.
Automatic Fiber Positioning:
Fully automatic positioning of fibers in the Z axis using L-PAS ensures uniformly good splicing results regardless of the operator.
L-PAS video Image Evalution:
The L-PAS (Lens Profile Aignment System) employs two CCD cameras to detect the position of the fiber ends in the X, Y and Z axes with high precision. In addition, the L- PAS computes splice loss.